Preaching and Teaching at Christ Church Bayston Hill
It is the aim of Preaching at Christ Church Bayston Hill to equip the congregation for their daily living as Christians and encourages them on their spiritual journey. It is the aim of our teaching to inform and guide the congregation to what it means to be a Christian.
Our Sunday morning preaching is to equip (building blocks) the congregation for their daily living as Christians and encourage the congregation on their spiritual journey. The main points, of the Sunday morning preaching, are presented appropriately at 9.00am and 10.30am services. The preaching points are then discussed in the small groups to see how to apply the Sunday preaching in daily living.
We also undertake a variety of midweek teaching subjects to guide and equip the congregation in their Christian journey. The following teaching areas have been covered:
- Alpha & ‘Y’ course for those starting on their Christian journey to understand the meaning of being a Christian.
- Discipleship ‘Freedom in Christ’ course to help people in their Christian Journey to grow in their faith and in Freedom.
- Growing leaders to equip people in leadership
- Welcome training for the Church as the small groups come together was undertaken this year.
- Our Pastoral Care Team are regularly given teaching on pastoral care for the bereaved etc.
- Prayer Ministry teaching and training had been undertaken at different times over the last few years.
- The Worship Team come together from time to time for teaching and equipping for Sunday worship.
- From time to time we invite outside speakers to bring us teaching in various areas.
- A variety of Teaching sessions to prepare youngsters and adults for: Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, etc
- A variety of one off teaching over the last 5 years had been undertaken including: Jewish roots, Preaching, etc